Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Exciting news all around..

First off, I have found my hero! Haha!
Well, I guess I should further explain.
Okay, I have been struggling with picking a major, and when I got here I honestly was set on doing biology/premed, but then I took Intro to Cultural Anthropology and fell IN LOVE. So, I got to thinking I would really like to major in anthropology because there are several avenues you can take with that. So, I was reading my anthropology book the other day, and I read about Paul Farmer. He not only got his Ph.D. in Anthropology, but he also got his M.D. at the SAME TIME from Harvard University. I was in awe, he's like living out my dream! It was awesome, and I was so excited. And I started doing more research and found out that there are actually programs out there for Medical Anthropology. I was considering Biological because that was the closest out of the 4 subfields that I knew of, and I was still considering med school, but this is just perfect. I'm so happy! They (whoever "they" are) say it'll just come to you and you'll know what to do -of course I didn't believe it- but now I really think it's true. It's so exciting. But sorry Mom, if I'm going to live out my dream, I may have to move even further to go to school for it. 

Also, an update on my brother. He is just as happy as can be. If you didn't know any better, you wouldn't know he broke his collar bone just under 2 weeks ago. Just on last Friday he was RUNNING, yes you read that right, running around and doing things like it never happened. He only wears his figure-8 brace now. It was really exciting to see because I was sooo worried about him. But he seems to be fine, and I know he'll heal up just fine and get back in to sports like it never happened. And I thank God for that!

Oh, and yesterday, Mom told me that we finally got everything moved into our new house! What a relief! But here comes the dreaded fun part: unpacking! Haha! 

Well, I'm glad I got to share my good news with you guys. I'm a very happy girl right now. 
Up next....dun..dun..dun...FINALS! Ahh!

~Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment