Friday, June 27, 2014

Natural (Ethnic) Hair

Hello everyone!

I am linking up with Kelly's Korner today for Show Us Your Life- All About Hair. I have never done a SUYL post before, but I've always wanted to, so I thought that this is one I could actually get in on, considering I'm not a mommy or homeowner yet. I also happen to have tons to say on this subject, but I'll try to keep it short. ;)

I have always been a self-proclaimed product junkie/hoarder, and when I decided to transition from relaxed to natural hair, my "habit" multiplied ten-fold. I like to change up what I use on my hair in search of the "perfect" product. Needless to say, I have yet to find them, but I have come pretty close!

One of the things I love most about  my natural hair is the versatility that I now have. I can do all sorts of things with my hair that I couldn't do when I relaxed my hair because it was lacking volume and texture at times. I've been natural for going on 2 and a half years.

Before I went natural, my hair often looked like this:

Straight and pulled back tightly (most of the time).


Or the occasional straightening and wearing it down.

After I went natural, I had many more options. Here is one of them:

This is a two-strand twistout (once I finally got the hang of them).

I don't have many other pictures of some of the natural styles I've tried, but there have been several more that I'll have to share in the future. I look online a lot for inspiration. Good ole, YouTube and Pinterest. What would I do without either? I have no idea. Ha!

On to products.

At the moment, my favorite products for my hair are Carol's Daughter. Target JUST picked them up a few months ago, so there are a couple of their lines of products in the ethnic hair section now. However, there is a much, much larger selection on their website. You can even become a member, and get special discounts and free shipping! And I feel like they are always having some kind of sale.


Pictured here is the Monoi sulfate-free shampoo, conditioner, and hair mask.

THIS collection is my absolute favorite right now. Not only does it smell amazing, but I really feel as though it protects and strengthens my hair. And the great thing about Carol's Daughters products are that anyone can use them! Not just "ethnic" hair types. This post is not sponsored in anyway, I just love their products that much. I also really like their Hair Milk Nourishing and Conditioning collection, but like I said, all of their products are great!


I'm sure many more of you out there agree with me when I say that I absolutely couldn't live without my Chi flat iron. It's a lifesaver. I, of course, used it a lot when I had relaxed hair, but it is still very nice to have when I occasionally straighten my EXTREMELY curly natural hair, too!

That post got a little longer than I expected, but I could talk about hair all day long!

Please leave any questions or suggestions in the comments!

Love ya,

Haley



No comments:

Post a Comment