Thursday, May 1, 2014

Last Day of School

Well, today was my last day of undergraduate classes, and I honestly don't know how to feel. I truly have a mix of emotions about it. Part of me is ecstatic because I've been waiting on this day, for what seems like, my entire life. Part of me is sad because it is the big milestones such as this that make you realize just how quickly your life passes you by. Part of me just feels nostalgic about the entire thing. 

What I do know is that I've been blessed to be able to attend such an excellent university for the past four years, and to have most of that education funded for me. I know that my hard work is about to finally pay off, and I am moving on to better things. One of my favorite quotes, in fact, is, "There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind," by C. S. Lewis. I believe that to be true. I can apply that to nearly any part of my life. I am excited to move to a new city, experience new things, make new friends, and go outside of my comfort zone a little. 

There is no doubt that I'm also a nervous wreck at the thought of it as well. This is the furthest and longest that I will have ever been away from my family. I know that I will, of course, come home to visit as often as I can, but there won't be the comfort of knowing that my mom is only an hour away should an emergency arrive. Granted, that hasn't happened the entirety of my undergraduate career, but ya never know. 

Anyway, I thought I would just share some of the thoughts I am having about my last day of classes. I still have finals, and GRADUATION to get through. I'm sure I'll have a much more sentimental post about that. Ha!

Love,

Haley


No comments:

Post a Comment