Friday, April 25, 2014

Oven-Baked Chicken Fajitas

On Wednesday, I made the most delicious chicken fajitas! I believe it was my first time making them. If it wasn't my first time, then the other times I've attempted them weren't very memorable. Lol ;)

I used a recipe from http://www.budgetbytes.com/

These were so easy to make, and I loved that I could just throw them in an oven and walk away without having to stand over them. 



I forgot to take pictures before I had already dug into them, but these are the pictures I did get. They tasted just like my mom's, which was another accomplishment in and of itself. 

Oven-Baked Fajitas:

Seasoning: 
  • 1 tbsp chili powder
  • 1/2 tbsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp cumin
  • 1/8 cayenne pepper
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tbsp corn starch (I omitted this because I didn't have any and didn't want to buy any for one recipe)
Fajitas:
  • 2 small or 1 large onion
  • 2 medium green bell peppers 
  • 1 medium red pepper
  • 1 lb. chicken tenderloins
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 medium lime
  • low-carb tortillas
  • low-fat sour cream
  • cilantro

For full instructions, see: Oven Fajitas by Budget Bytes

I made a few modifications to the recipe. For example, I omitted the corn starch and used an orange, red, and green bell pepper instead of 2 green and 1 red. I also used olive oil instead of vegetable oil, but I don't think any of that matters. Tweak them as you see fit. You seriously won't regret making this recipe.

~Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment